3rd BBNet Conference: Biorefining – Clean Growth – Net Zero
We are delighted to announce that the 3rd BBNet Conference will be held 10-12th April 2024, in Sheffield, UK.
Registration is now open and will close at midnight (GMT) on 31 January 2024.
The conference brings together participants from industry, academia and the policy sector to share ideas, and catalyse working partnerships in new and productive ways. The event will include a wide variety of sessions, speakers, flash presentations and showcase of projects funded by BBNet. There will also be opportunities for networking during breaks, dinners and our poster session and drinks receptions.
The conference will commence with registration at 11:00am on Wednesday 10th April, and will conclude at 12:30pm on Friday 12th April 2023.
This is a free event for BBNet members and is always extremely well-attended.
Places are limited and will be allocated on a ‘first-come, first-served basis’. We will let you know if you have secured a place at the conference after registration closes. Please do not make travel arrangements until your place has been confirmed.
- Registration opens: 1st November 2023
- Registration closes: 31st January 2024
- Delegates are contacted to confirm their place at the conference: w/c 5th February 2024
- Conference information shared with confirmed delegates: February / March 2024
- Final delegate information and reminders: w/c 1st April 2024
What’s included for confirmed, registered delegates:
- 2 nights accommodation at the conference venue (if requested);
- all meals including two conference dinners and drinks receptions;
- networking opportunities;
- an exciting programme of speakers and sessions.
Download the provisional programme outline for details of session chairs.
Carol Somper, JRP Solutions
Ed Robinson, Wells & Co
Gregg Beckham, National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
Philippe Soucaille, University of Toulouse
Katalin Kovacs, University of Nottingham
Mirjam Roeder, Aston University
Sarah Davidson, Croda Europe Ltd
Anna Duden, Utrecht University
Kjartan Sandnes, Biomega
Andrew Ellis, Biocatalysts
Stuart West, BBNet Management Board
Patricia Thornley, Energy and Bioproducts Research Institute, Aston University
Alexandra Lanot, University of York
Colin Miles, BBSRC, UKRI
Dana Heldt, Innovate UK, KTN
Mercure Sheffield St Paul's Hotel & Spa
119 Norfolk Street